1. Position Overview
- This position is responsible for effective planning, development, and execution of project work plans for all projects as measured by the ability to meet agreed upon milestones, budgetary constraints, and scope.
- This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is a member of the Operations department.
- The primary location for activities conducted by this position is Indianapolis, IN.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status for this position is exempt.
2. Position Activities and Responsibilities
- Manage the operational aspects of projects, including, but not limited to: scope, schedule, cost, earned value, quality, communications, safety/risk, and change.
- Reviews deliverables across projects and oversees timelines, milestones, resourcing, and reporting.
- Obtains required permits according to site safety requirements.
- Works across projects to conduct post-project review and share lessons learned.
- Manages project budges and leads the request for approval for any significant changes which require changes in scope.
- Coordinates with project teams from various sites and organizations.
- Organizes and manages cross-functional project teams, including resolution of cross-department project issues.
- Ensures optimal integration and communication across all corporate departments with regard to projects.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assesses Project Management training needs and selects training tools for team members.
- Supports company initiatives and implements strategic initiatives and opportunities as they arise.
- This position has direct reports, Superintendent.
- This position has approval sign-off authority up to $5,000 USD.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for an employee to perform each essential duty of this position successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, or related field and equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of experience in Project Management within the construction industry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and strong ability to prioritize and organize workflow activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in computer programs and Project Management software, such as spreadsheets, word processing, and Project Management.
- Excellent communications skills – the ability to tactfully communicate sensitive information and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business plans, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to understand basic mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Project Management certification (PMP®) is desirable.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org