1. Position Overview
- This position is responsible for the fabrication of granite countertops, vanities, and backsplash.
- This positions reports to the Chief of Stone and is a part of the Operations Department.
- The primary location for activities conducted by this position is Indianapolis, IN.
2. Position Activities and Responsibilities
- Receive shipments of granite and quartz in preparation for fabrication.
- Use forklift to transport slabs from crates to saw table.
- Use CAD to enter designs for cutting.
- Use CNC machine to cut sink holes for vanities and countertop sinks.
- Use handheld power tools to polish edges of countertops, vanities, and backsplash.
- Prepare finished material for transport to job sites.
- Report daily activities to Chief of Stone for review.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for an employee to perform each essential duty of this position successfully.
- Strong critical thinking skills and strong ability to prioritize workflow activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Familiar with standard power tools such as: Grinders, Polishers, Drills, Saws, etc.
- Experience with forklift is preferred, but not required.
- Willing to work overtime, night shift, and occasional weekend shifts.
- Ability to read job orders and blueprints.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org